Wednesday, July 30, 2008

~ under the sea ~

If there is one cake skill I have mastered, it is the underwater effect! I feel like I can do seaweed and seaflowers in my sleep! I felt so honored to do my sweet little nieces 2nd birthday cake. And had so much fun creating this. I have found the perfect vanilla cake recipe. I wanted one that was not too sweet because the frosting itself is so sweet. They are the perfect combination and I am so pleased that I have finally found it! My next quest is the perfect chocolate cake. According to my husband I make an amazing carrot cake, so I have that one down too. I think a lot of brides and grooms are opting for carrot, spice or poppyseed cakes instead of the more traditional white cakes. So I feel 1/3 prepared if I ever reach a wedding cake level! Once again I thank my family for being my cake guinea pigs and for their honesty, it has helped me so much! Curtis has "offered" my services to make an EBAY cake for some party this weekend, my dear goodness! Wish me luck! I will post pictures...depending on the results of course!





::photos by Aaron W. Peterson::

{thank you brother}

8 observations:

Amy J. said...

So what are the cool tall twisty seaweeds made out of? That cake rocks! My cousin Brent's wife just made a really cool Eyeball cake for her sons 9th birthday!

aubrey said...

The white things? Thats florist wire covered in white florist tape. I thought it made a cool effect around Ariel!

The Finlays said...

Great job! It is beautiful. I love the seaweed coming out of the cake and around Ariel.

aubrey said...

Thank you oh cake master Erica!

Melissa Mae Johnson said...

Wow! That looks amazing! I love it, Aubs

Unknown said...

lovely again, dear cousin. you have quite a talent. good luck on the ebay cake. no pressure....right? :)

TaLaisa said...

That is SO cute! Wow.Just Wow.

I can't wait to see what you do on an ebay cake!

Megan said...

That cake is so adorable! I love it!