Sunday, July 05, 2009

playing catch-up

Loads of pictures coming up!
A few weekends ago, Curtis' cousin invited us to his restaraunts grand reopening! Who can say no to good Mexican Food and getting together with family? NOT THIS GIRL! So we met up with the Hootons and enjoyed a delish meal and a little superstar from Taylar. Then we all slipped into our jammies, grabbed some snacks and met back up at the drive-in movies to see "UP". Who doesn't love a drive-in movie? And why are things so much better when you are sharing them with your kids?


















................................................................

Our 4th was nice and relaxing. I love holidays like this. Good food. Good company. Lots of laughs. And fireworks of course! Caitlyn made friends with the little neighbor Kelvin next door. They ran and ran! We had our Driveway of Fire 2009, it was awesome!











...........................................................................


If I were to look back at my cake posts I think I would probably start each one with "this is my favorite cake so far". Not wanting to break any kind of tradition I will say that this is my favorite cake so far. Since I received the sweet call from my little niece asking me for a shark cake for her birthday I have been so enjoying coming up with plans for this little beaut! I put a few ideas together for the end result. I.L.O.V.E.I.T......so much. Somewhere in the move I have misplaced my round cake pans, but I was able to pick-up a new and improved pan that gives me the results I really want. I can't wait for Taylar to see it! EEK!










:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

{authors note}

I must add a HUGE thanks to my sweet husband who spent over an hour cutting out each individual shark silhouette from fondant and molding each shark fin. They truly make the cake what it it. Also, the topper of this cake is made from a special paper that you feed through your computer printer with special cartridges that make it totally edible. I am doing another cake next week with this same technique, I cannot wait, it has been such a fun new toy!



2 observations:

melissa mae said...

OH MY GOSH! Aubrey, that cake is incredible. I don't understand why you are looking for a job when you could easily make a business out of cake making. SEriously. DO IT

Heather said...

first of all I'll say it again, I LOVED Taylar's cake it was so cute and SO perfect!! She loved it. Also I love that picutre of Taylar and Caitlyn from the drive in, so cute!! I'm going to have to print that one out and put it in a frame in her room.