Saturday, March 06, 2010

but i don't want to go among mad people

I am not going to spend a long time on this review.
I am not and am struggling to do so because it was amazing! I am a huge Tim Burton fan and thought he did an amazing job on this film.
Do not go into it thinking it will be the story of Alice in Wonderland. It is like Alice in Wonderland III. Noelle asked if I thought it was okay for kids. I think you will have to judge for yourself or for your kids. I think it would be okay for Caitlyn, but I do not know how other kids would react.
All the actors did a wonderful job and I loved the underlying character traits that were there. You saw only glimpses, but that made them so intriguing and real to me.
The effects were of course amazing.
He did a fantastic job of making the story good for both adults and children I thought. But again, would see for yourself first how it would be for your kids. Caitlyn loves Nightmare Before Christmas and Corpse Bride and his new Willy Wonka so she has been exposed to Tim Burtons world.
I will admit my two fears were Cripsin Glover - YUCK! - and that the theater would be full of little screaming Johnny Depp fans. Crispin Glover was great, perfect for the creepy right hand man of the queen. And if there were little screaming Johnny Depp fans they kept to themselves, thank you!
It was a great movie, I loved it!
And they left it open for a sequel............
{argh, still won't space right, what is up with that?}

5 observations:

Hey Melissa Mae said...

Awesome! I'm so glad you liked it, I can't wait to see it on me birthday! And the spacing seriously looks fine, it must just be funky on your computer.

Unknown said...

awesome. my boys LOVE the new willy wonka. and they don't get scared of things. i just was wondering if he put anything in there like in coraline with the aunts boobs with their star pasties. :) didn't want anything like that in their wee little brains. can't wait to take them to see this. glad you liked it. and my boys will be glad it's not alice in wonderland (the original) becuase they think that movie is so BORING. :)

BensonFam said...

I am soooo excited to see it! P.s. remember your cookies!

Alicia Leppert said...

I want to see this sooooo bad! But my husband doesn't want to. He hates movies that seem like you're on acid. I love them. Sigh.

Alicia Leppert said...

OH, and your spacing looks fine. I hate it when it doesn't work, I've never been able to figure it out. But I don't see a problem here!