Thursday, November 11, 2010

This is Halloween

Halloween in Arizona was very different than what our little family is used to! The deep earth smells of autumn were missing, as were those cool mountain breezes. But we survived .... especially since we wore shorts and flip flops trick or treating .... while I noticed my Utah friends Halloween pictures were all framed by a lovely snowfall (tee hee)! We had Mae and Liss over for a visit to a local farm and pumpkin patch. Then after choosing the perfect pumpee-kins, a task I thought would be simple for a 4 and 6 year old, when they want a perfect pumpee-kin they mean a p.e.r.f.e.c.t. pumpee-kin! After carving and costume prep, it was off the the ward trunk or treat. We ate chili outside with delicious homemade cornbread. Then home for some Halloween movies! When we went trick or treating on Halloween is was awesome to see so many kids out, that is what this holiday should feel like! Kids running around, screaming, having a good time! Curtis and I were saying how awesome it was that for at least the next three Halloweens Caitlyn will not have to worry about wearing her winter coat to cover her costume, luckee girl! We had a great holiday! I even was brave enough to watch 10 minutes of one of those creepy Leprechaun movies....totally scared me! Riding on my bike to work the next morning in the dark I was terrified of those bushes, and then when that flock of birds took flight next to me, I thought I was going to die of absolute terror. I just can't handle it! BOO!








hayride @ the farm




carvin' the gourds



mae's pumpee-kin...hello kitty



caitlyn's pumpee-kin...daisy from girl scouts




aubrey's pumpee-kin...an attempt at something cool - FAIL!!



liss' pumpee-kin...named swirling twilight


curtis' pumpee-kin...i think it is some warhammer symbol



Mae and Caitlyn



caitlyn : Rapunzel from Rapunzel's Revenge by Shannon Hale


curtis : Charlie Brown



aubrey : Tippi Hendren from Alfred Hitchcock's THE BIRDS


I had so much fun putting this costume together, thank Liss for the awesome birds!


1 observations:

BensonFam said...

I am in L.O.V.E. with your costume! (Ahh The Birds!!!) And your post made me miss Arizona Halloweens soooooo much!!! Glad you guys had a good one!