Wednesday, January 09, 2008

The drop-off? What are they insane? Why don't we fry them up now and serve them with chips!?


I made a most delicious meal tonight, if I do say so myself, and I do rather! I made fish and chips with a crunchy three bean salad. And since it was so wonderful I decided to share it. Make sure you serve the fish and chips in wax paper to really make it authentic, well really it should be newspaper, but I just did not feel comfortable serving my family food on our newspaper. The wax paper was just perfect.

FISH & CHIPS

2 large baking potatoes
1/4 cup Zesty Italian dressing
1 pkt. Shake 'N Bake Extra Crispy seasoning mix
1 lb white fish (I prefer the Sole)
1/4 cup Miracle Whip

PREHEAT the over to 400 F. Cut each potato lengthwise into wedges; place in large bowl. Add Italian dressing; toss to coat. Add 1/4 cup of the coating mixture; toss to coat. Arrange on baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray. Bake 20 minutes.

MEANWHILE, spread remaining coating mix onto large plate. Spread both sides of fillets evenly with Miracle Whip on each side, press down into coating mixture. Place on broiler pan.

BAKE
fish for 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork and potatoes are tender.


CRUNCHY BEAN SALAD

2 cups cut fresh green beans
1 can (15oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
1 can (15oz) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
1/3 cup apple-cider vinegar
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1/4 teaspoon black pepper

COMBINE green beans with enough salted water to cover. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and cook 10 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain and rinse. In a large bowl combine green beans with black beans and chickpeas. Set aside.

DRESSING: In small saucepan, stir together onion, vinegar, and sugar. Cook over medium heat, just until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat. Whisk in oil, mustard, and black pepper. Add to bean mixture; toss to coat. Cover and chill for 4 - 12 hours, stirring occasionally. (I had this in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes, stirring it every 2-3 minutes while I made the fish and chips and it came out great.)

::{ENJOY}:: ::{ENJOY}:: ::{ENJOY}:: ::{ENJOY}:: :{ENJOY}::

3 observations:

Heather said...

yummers, I think I shall try this!!! I am really trying to be a good wife and I want to cook for my family more and be healthier. I joined Gold's Gym today, and i can go to any of them I did a different deal than the one I was originally going to do, so if you come up here and want to work out, let me know :) I did this thing with my work that you can read about on my blog and I want everyone I know to do it too
we can all have weigh ins together

Alicia Leppert said...

That sounds really good! I'm impressed!
I love how you use movie lines for your titles. I always want to do it, and I can never think of any that go with my post!

Unknown said...

yummy yummy. i love fish and chips.
hey, i want to know how you got your blog to be so pretty. i've never seen this template before or else i'd probably have it. did you make it up yourself? i really like it.