Friday, January 25, 2008

There Is Nothing In A Caterpillar That Tells You It's Going To Be A Butterfly





I can turn the switch on my KitchenAid mixer and I can assure you you will here the pitter patter of little feet running to the kitchen, followed by a loud voice begging to help! Who knew my daughter had the culinary blood of her Grandpa Brad coursing through her veins. Caitlyn loves to help me cook, and I love having her there toteach her how to measure, how to whisk, and her favorite, to correctly crack an egg. Perhaps the egg would come second, a close second, to measuring the sugar. I am lucky if I can get the full cup into the mixing bowl before her finger is licked and in the cup! Last night we created a Bavarian Apple Torte. She was upset that I wouldn't let her slice the apples, but pleased that I let her arrange them in the spring form pan - this was a new kind of pan and it fascinated her to no end! Her final result was delish, and looked so beautiful, all that golden brown sugar melted on the baked apples. We enjoyed our dessert last night, it was a far cry from the Popsicles we usually have.

3 observations:

Unknown said...

just so you know, that wasn't your sister elise, it was abe's cousin elise and it was ae's cousins - you for sure weren't left out of a lindgren dinner. :)

Heather said...

that meal looks scrumptuos!! CAiltyn is so freaking cute!! That song you posted to me was awesome, I hadn't heard it before bit its great!!

Alicia Leppert said...

I had no idea you were such a domestic goddess! You put me to shame. It sounds like Katlyn would too!