Thursday, March 20, 2008

Williams Street is brought to you today....

...by the letter "k" and the number "3"...

3 being the magic number of weeks that my sweet baby girl has had this cold. I think I will be spraying down the house tomorrow with Lysol, and giving her sheets a good hot wash tonight. But even though her nose is running and she is coughing her lungs out, my little love is taking the time to take care of me. All I told Caitlyn about my doctors appointment was that is was a check-up, but when I can home from my biopsy the pain was so bad I broke down into tears and told Curtis how much the cut hurt. She overheard and was a little upset, but when given the task by Dad to "take care of Mom and be soft with her today", the little darling went above and beyond! All day Monday she walked me everywhere I went, holding my hand, giving me little hugs and tiny pecks on the cheeks, rubbing my back as I relaxed on the floor, surprising me with a little yogurt and cheese stick snack, and telling me she was sorry I had a bad cut. She asks me every morning how my cut is, and makes sure she gives me a "nap". In comes the magic letter k...before my "naps" she read me stories, today she picked her DK Baby Animals book and told me all the animals names but all starting with the letter k! We were giggling pretty hard by the end of the book! So that is how my week has gone, 6 ibuprofen every few hours, 5 sleepless nights, 4 boxes of kleenex in three weeks, 3 bottles of cold medicine on my counter, 2 bags of popsicles in my freezer, and 1 sweet little girl taking care of her Mom.....haa haaa haaa ( The Count laughing )!!! Hopefully the weekend will be better.

5 observations:

chellekay said...

how cute and nice of Caitlyn to take care of her mommy! I hope all is well

Heather said...

biopsy? what is going on how come you never told me you were having a biopsy. Why did you have a biopsy?

Alicia Leppert said...

I second Heather's question. Why did you have a biopsy?
What a sweet girl Caitlyn is.

aubrey said...

WOW! Okay, so apparently my email didn't get to anyone! In a nut shell: I had my yearly gyno-vagino check-up and she found a spot of skin that was a dark color. So on Monday they performed a biopsy on that oh so sensitive part of your personal area. Like I said, it HURT!!! HAA HAA!! I find out the results on Monday or Tuesday next. I will email when I find out.

Heather said...

okay, well that seriously sucks!!! I'm so sorry!!! If there is anything you need me to do let me know. If you need me and Taylar to come down and take Caitlyn on a field trip so you can get some rest (even though she is such an amazing little nurse) let me know you know I'd do it in a heartbeat. Also let me know what the doc says!!