Thursday, May 29, 2008

Well, it's been a long, been a long, been a long....

...time since I wrote anything, it will take me pages to catch up on it all! So I shall not bore you faithful few who are still out there pondering and reading my blog, I will show you my last few weeks in photographs.....enjoy!


{ St. George }

For Christmas we siblings rented a house in St. George for 5 days and gave it to our parents. It was such a nice, relaxing weekend. Poor Aaron was sick and had to go home, we missed him a ton, but still somehow managed to have fun without him. Dad, Tom, and Curtis all went golfing, and from what I hear, my sweetheart did really well for never having really played before! the girls got in some shopping, but mostly we just hung around the house, swam, read, slept, ate, and R-E-L-A-X-E-D! The house sat on the 14th hole of the Coral Canyon golf course, but we didn't hear any noise from the golfers and we had a gorgeous view of the mountains. The backyard also had a little putting green next to the pool, it was so fun! Melissa put together an amazing video of Mom and her last round of cancer, if you have a few minutes check it out here, it will take your breath away. Caitlyn still has me cracking up on how she is talking about it, as though St. George was a person. "Was this St. Georges?" "Did we get this at St. George's?", it's so cute I don't correct her. And she wants to go back to "St. George's" house every weekend! Garsh Caitlyn, so do I!!!


hungry.......hungry......HIPPOS!!!



Grandma Jenny FINALLY relaxing!


.: PooL TiMe :.

I must mention that Caitlyn was terrified to even be around the pool when we first arrived, I was gone maybe an hour to run an errand, and when I got back Aunt Leesee had cleared Caitlyn of her fear! HURRAH! She was swimming in the deep end, putting her face under water, and wanting to paddle on her own by the end of the weekend. Thank you Aunt Leesee!

Saaaaaad, someone got pushed in the pool...
(hee hee hee)



Just lounging in St. George



Visit to the St. George Temple
They had this amazing artist on display in the visitors center
see her work here



Caitlyn is still talking about how Grandma made the flowers talk at the Temple!


Breakfast time in St. George, why does food always taste better on vacation?


:: Presenting the Graduate of Air Time Preschool 2008 ::

Caitlyn graduated from Preschool. They had this adorable ceremony! All walking out with these little paper graduation caps, so sweet! They had songs and poems to show what they had learned through the year. And after we had treats in the classroom. Caitlyn and her two friends kept giggling and laughing through the whole thing, I think the only part Caitlyn really performed was the dance to "Splish, Splash", which was adorable, that girl can move!


OUT WITH THE OLD...

in with the new! Whenever I ran my washer it would kindly be greeting me at the laundry room door when it had finished it's cycle! Now, as much as I love a friendly greeting, this was just too much into my comfort bubble. So Curtis granted me permission to trade out the 10 year old model for a new one! She's a beauty and I love her. I talked to her about boundaries and so far she is keeping her distance.

8 observations:

Elise Mckenna Peterson: said...

Maybe I should teach swimming lessons for a living :) Saint George was a blast! Couldn't have asked for a better vacay :)

Amy J. said...

That is too funny about your washer and it's "friendly" greeting! Thank you for showing me how to link to that awesome video that Melissa made of your mom. She looks so young! And despite all she is going through she looks great!

aubrey said...

Mom is without question the most beautiful woman I know

Heather said...

wait so when did you guys go to st. george? those pictures are adorable btw

aubrey said...

We went from May 15th - May 19th. It was awesome, Curtis and my first vacation since our honeymoon! WOW! It was too short of course, I could have stayed another 7 days!!! I think it's something we Williams Family should definately look into!

Kamee said...

Your vacation looks like it was amazing!! Love the "St.Georges"house you stayed in, looks like one you should visit yearly! How wonderful that your family could all get together and just RELAX! Good for you!! Caitlyn looks adorable at her graduation..so fun to see our little ones growing up! Congrat's on your new washer, but I do think you might be sad without the friendly greet at the door. Looks like you have had a wonderful couple of weeks!

Unknown said...

oh vacation. oh......
thanks for letting me live through your experience. beautiful.

BensonFam said...

Hooray! You have returned to blogging - I wondered where you went! That video was amazing - your mom is so beautiful and Melissa is one talented photographer. Congrats also on the fun vacation and the new washer!!