Wednesday, July 02, 2008

my bargain find for the day, or GRABBIT WHILE YOU CAN!


This is my newest treasure from the DI. I fell in love with this little table and for $6.00, can one say no? NO! I say NO! It looks so cute outside my front door, what a find!



This is Caitlyn's bargain find of the day! She has wanted some skates for awhile, but they are like $25.00 at our store, and I dunno, I just don't have $25.00 to spend on them, so when we found these brand new ones at the DI for $2.00, I thought, I can spend $2.00! We had so much playing with them outside, she was getting very brave. But a little frustrated that I wouldn't let her skate by herself. Three words honey - helmet, helmet, helmet!!!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~











On a different note, I have always been fascinated by the way Caitlyn sleeps. She has done this since she was little enough to sleep in her crib. I should do a post of all the photos I have taken of her. It has almost become a game between Curtis and I to be the one who does the last check on Caitlyn to turn off lights and stories, just so we can be the one to find her sleeping choice for that night! Once we found her in her bed snuggling with all the wash clothes from the bathroom!! WHA? This is the most recent sleeping position. I asked her the next day why she had her hat on and she said "to protect my head, just in case the milk goes on my head, it will be on the hat and not my head!" I think that my favorite sleeping story of Caitlyn was a few years ago when she was 2 1/2, she woke me in the middle of the night requesting a drink of milk. I took her in the kitchen, opened the refrigerator, pulled out the milk, and turned around to get out a cup, in the few moments it took me to turn my back on her and pull down a cup, she had laid on the floor and fallen back asleep in the middle of the kitchen! I will have to find that picture and post it!

4 observations:

Melissa Mae Johnson said...

What a great find! I'm jealous, I love that table! Oh, and it must run in the family, because Mae sleeps like that too! In the weirdest positions...her legs propped up on the bars, or in between. Its so funny.

Heather said...

oh my goodness She is so darn funny. I love my niece. She is seriously one of a kind and that is an aesome thing. I am eager to move taylar to her big girl bed, but not ready for her NOT to be in her crib where I have freedom to take a shower yet, lol. So I am currently outside on my balcony at 1 in the morning typing this and just busted out laughing at the milk on the hat story. That is freaking hillarious!!! btw any suggestions for when I do move her to her own bed? Help getting her to sleep?

oh and that table is so cute. I also adore the skates she looks too cute in them.

Amy J. said...

Oh I miss the DI. Goodwill is just not the same! I love hearing about other peoples fun finds. I am so excited for Caitlyn! That is such an awesome feeling when you have been wanting something and you can't afford it and then BAM!!! you find it at a second hand store and it is all yours!

LOVE the sleeping positions. Isn't it great when they fall out of bed and either go right back to sleep on the floor or don't wake up at all!

BensonFam said...

Olivia requires being heaved back up into bed at least once a night, because I find half of her body hanging out of it. LOVE that sweet little table btw!