Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The essential question is not, "How busy are you?" but "What are you busy at?" "Are you doing what fulfills you?"

I wish I looked this gorgeous when I cleaned!

This was me all weekend. Bless my sweet husband that is all I can say. I practically tear our house apart every three months and de-junk the thing from top to bottom. The house was trashed for days, we slept on an unsheeted mattress for two nights, and dinners are usually sandwiches or scrambled eggs and pancakes. It feels so good to get rid of things though. On top of the clean out this weekend I also had to do the general cleaning, scrubbing, and dusting I do. But by the time Sunday arrived, I was finished and the house was put back together in time for the Mom, Dad and Lesee to arrive. Of course I didn't have time shower, but hey they are family, they are supposed to see my at my worst!



{ had the fam down for some of these }


{ finished this in time for church }




{ finally mailed these off }

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

We managed a trip here though! I think Caitlyn has the Calvin -from Calvin and Hobbes - dinosaur face pretty much down!


This is petrified lightening!
No joke! When a bolt of lightning strikes a sandy surface, the electricity can melt the sand. This melted substance combines with other materials. Then it hardens into lumps of glass called fulgurites.
(Fulgur is the Latin word for lightning.)


Curtis and I went to the dinosaur museum when it first opened over 7 years ago. This was his first trip back since then. When we first went, it was pretty much two little rooms. It now has full size skeletons, tons of rooms, two levels, a large theater, cafe, and of course the kids favorite, the souvenir shop! They have a room with this huge sand pit, full of running water, little trees and dinosaurs for kids to play in. It was hard to pull Curtis away from it!



Caitlyn posses with my favorite dinosaur, the three horn!


"I have a big head and little arms"



I love this giant sea turtle. The kid in me imagines making one a pet to ride through the ocean on!
Admit it, you think it would be awesome too!


This is amazing! Scientists have found these gigantic shark teeth, and they estimate the sharks could get from 45 feet to 60 feet in length! Imagine this thing coming up on you at the beach!

Digging up some dino bones

4 observations:

Houston said...

It looks like you guys had a great time!

(lol yes, i'm reading blogs again)

Melissa Mae Johnson said...

Aw, dejunking. Remember when mom used to do that to our rooms and we'd come home to a huge pile in the middle of our floors? I need to de-junk and we've only been here three months.
I miss the dino museum! I love that place.

Heather said...

I really need to do the dejunk thing. My house is a disaster and I would be smart to do it before Christmas.

The giant Shark is Taylar's favorite part of the museum, she could play in that part for hours.

Bown Fam said...

The musem looks really fun. I have never been there, but have always wanted to go.
Michael likes to rearrange funiture in most every room every few months. I always just count on that. Dejunking usually go along with that.