Friday, November 07, 2008

it's your birthday shout hurray!


My little niece turned 2 today!

I never thought being an aunt would be so fun! I will argue with anyone who says they have cuter nieces than I do.....Taylar and Mae are the bestest! The first time I held my little niece Taylar when the sweet little thing was in the ICU, and I thought, "I just became an aunt...wow." It was so overwhelming. And then to see Mae be born, the feeling of love I have for those little girls makes my heart burst with absolute joy. I wish I was able to see Mae and Taylar more than I am able, but every moment is that much more precious to me.

I wish that I was with Mae today to give her a big birthday kiss and hug from her Auntie Aubrey. She is such a sweetheart and makes me laugh with her cute mannerisms, especially when she gets sad and she covers her little face with her hands as if her doll falling on the floor is the most tragic thing to happen in the history of the world. In a lot of ways she reminds me of a young Shirley Temple.
And how adorable is Shirley Temple?

Mae Happy 2nd Birthday!

We are all thinking about you today and wishing
you lots of cake and ice cream!

Love,

Uncle Curtis, Auntie Aubrey, and "Cay-Cay"

2 observations:

Melissa Mae Johnson said...

Thanks Aubs!

Justin said...

This comment has nothing to do with your nieces birthday, but good to find you here! Hope all is well. You've certainly come a long way since elementary school :)(www.lafeenfamily.com)