Monday, January 25, 2010

everyday food

I enjoy food.
I just enjoy it.
Too much.
I am not really a sweets person, unless it is a homemade baked good. Let me specify, a GOOD homemade baked good! I am also addicted to food television. It's like my crack. Before we had the Food Network on our tv I would watch them on PBS. Some were good, others not so good. Then one Saturday I discovered Everyday Food on PBS. It is from Martha Stewart but she is not the host. I was hooked instantly. I purchased the book . It became my one and only cookbook, Martha could do no wrong on any of her recipes ( minus the ravioli bake, my marinara sauce is the much better, the best ). Then I discovered that there is also a monthly magazine by the same name.
Oh sweet mystery of love and life!
I don't want to bore anyone with my tellings of all the reasons I love this book and this magazine, so I will just say that with my recent lifestyle change this cookbook and magazine coincide so nicely it was like it was made just for me. I thought that having to eat this way, probably for the rest of my life, would be tough. But it has come easier than I expected, once I got the basics down.
I guess where I am going with this is to just put it out there, I am trying to exercise everyday and have been doing awesome. I am trying to eat better, and am doing pretty good. Funny thing, I don't really miss all the junk that was adding to my trunk.
I feel better.
So here is to a new year, a new me, a new baby!

1 observations:

melissa mae said...

I know, I love that cookbook you and mom got me! I'm really proud of you for working so hard and for taking your health seriously. You are a great example!