Saturday, March 27, 2010

Amazing Daisy

Look at these cute "capatillars" I found crawling around my garden...



my daisies are in full bloom...




the ladybugs are out too.....




don't they look good enough to eat?




:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

A few months ago I started Caitlyn in Girl Scouts.
She loves it.
Her troops leaders are awesome and the girls in her troop are so cute! The Daisies, like the older Girl Scouts, earn patches, but the Daisy patches are very unique. Each patch you earn is actually a petal and when all patches are earned creates a multicolored daisy!! Each petal's color pairs with a Girl Scout Law; honest and fair, friendly and helpful, considerate and caring, etc. Caitlyn had her awards ceremony on Wednesday and we were in charge of the treat.
I HAD to make a cake!



isn't it cute!
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
(if anyone cares)
I made the embellishments from homemade marzipan.
While very tasty, it was a little hard to work with. I think I know what I need to do for next time, so hopefully it will work out better!

8 observations:

Hey Melissa Mae said...

AUB. REE. You are amazing! You could be making BANK with this talent. That's all I'm sayin.

Safire said...

Such a cute cute cake! You are very talented. (But I was a Daisy as a girl...and that was more than 2 years ago!)

Heather said...

that is amazing

aubrey said...

Really Safire! Well goodness, some Girl Scout lady totally lied to me! WHA!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I love it!!!

Joan Nichols ERYT said...

Your cake is a work of art! Beautiful.
Namaste,
Joan

Bown Fam said...

You better not dog out on me with that cake class!! Call me and let me know!!!

Alicia Leppert said...

Oh. My. Goodness. It's even cuter than I imagined!! It is amazing! You are totally inspiring me. I took my first class Sat. night and I can't wait to start practicing! Maybe someday I'll be as good as you!