Friday, February 25, 2011

inspiration


I have been perusing so many diy blogs these past few weeks and I have caught the bug - oh goodness have I caught the bug! I love when bloggers post the before and after picture, it is startling to see. It amazes me to think of all the wonderful solid wood furniture that sits at a second hand store, being passed by again and again, just wanting to be given a second chance.

They have given me a new perspective.

Little Love has a table that was given to her by her grandma when she was two. She has grown a foot or two since then! We decided it was time for a more grown-up desk! Sweet Knees and I searched Goodwill until we found the perfect desk. I bought it for $10 on a half priced Saturday. Solid wood. Great condition. A good sanding, some new paint and hardware and we have a pretty little desk that can grow with her each year. I love, LOVE the fact that we can sand and paint it over and over again as her tastes change. The last time we did a diy project like this was my sewing desk and that was a long time ago. So I think for our second time it looks good! Little Love calls it her blue sky.

I need to hit up my friend Precious Pearl for some distressing lessons, I am not very good!

4 observations:

Elise Peterson: said...

I. Love. It!!! You guys did an amazing job! Good golly, I love thrift shopping :)

melissa mae said...

Wow that looks so great! I was actually just thinking a couple of days ago how I wish all the P. sisters lived in the same area so we could start doing this and selling furniture we've made over.

HALO Approved said...

Your Desk Looks AWESOME!!!! You did a Great job :-)

Megan said...

I so L.O.V.E. it! It looks fantastic, and the hardware is just perfect! You and Sweet Knees did a superb job!