Thursday, February 17, 2011

crafting is fun! (duh!)


Hey remember this contest?
Remember how some people won some stuff?
Remember how it took me forever to find the items
I needed for my special prizes and thanks to one
amazing lady I was able to find them all?
(thanks miss b!)

Well.....remember how I finally sent them off to you four ladies?
You don't!
Well here is proof that I did....

{ thanks for your patience }






Look at this cute fabric I found for an amazing
deal at the fabric store....what to do with it?
What. To. Do.


Why, make some sweet little Valentine owls
for the ladies I work with
{ saving a cute little pink one for me of course! }
How cute are these? I mean seriously, how cute!

I want a family of them living in Little Loves bedroom
before the month is out.






I was a fool.

A fool to try another new cake recipe.
The recipes I have for my cakes are
P.E.R.F.E.C.T.
Moist. Flavorful.
They hold up well to the gallons of frosting I apply!

I could not resist. The cake in the photo looked amazing.
While the cake was good, it is not even close to my recipe. Not even close.
 BUT!
 I LOVED...LOVED...LOVED...
the roses all around the outside of the cake. Isn't it romantic looking? I had originally wanted to do a light spray of yellow on the roses and then cover that with the pink. But after testing it out a few times, even calling upon the powers of grayskull from my Sweet Knees, I still was unable to get the look I wanted - I need an airbrush. I think I am glad that it didn't work out. I love the white roses. What do you think?



...i think i need to attend a photo class for blogs....

8 observations:

BensonFam said...

Beautiful cake and ADORABLE owls! Pretty, pretty please share your pattern? :)

aubrey said...

TESTING TESTING TESTING ( Liss I am trying this test for you.....)

Elise Mckenna Peterson: said...

Aubrey, that cake is BEAUTIFUL!! Seriously, I have never seen anything like it. When I get married....if I ever get married....I want that for me wedding cake!

Heather said...

That cake is so pretty!!!!

Also I want one of those cute owls!!! um hello. HOOOOOTon?

aubrey said...

I know Heather! I kept thinking about you whilest sewing these cute little things! Tell me the colors and I will make one for you for sure!

Anonymous said...

That cake is fantastic!!!

aubrey said...

Thank you Emily :)

Megan said...

Bree! Your present is soooo-o cute and nice! The cake is! Well, PERFECT! And owls! Good golly Ms. Molly!