Friday, November 16, 2012

Turkey Day @ Franklin


Another school year means another Turkey Day. Lots of prep work goes into Turkey Day for us. Karen got us an ah-mazing deal on our turkeys this year, saving us over $1,000.  So 48 turkeys, 50 gallons of gravy, 45 pumpkin pies, pans and pans of stuffing, green beans and mashed potatoes later we are done for another year – WEW!  Linda bought us all these adorable turkey hats, the boys got pilgrim hats. We had a blast! I love the people I work with; we have such a fantastic team.  



Whilest making all those pumpkin pies.......



I discovered I had a little stowaway......


I tried to get Karen to sample my Shoo-Fly Pumpkin Pie, but she didn’t want to. I kept telling her it was my way to get the protein component into my dish.still didn’t work!


When Linda (our manager) needs a break she calls her friend Maybel Snodgrass to come help out. I wish you could have seen those kids faces when they saw her! She has a thick country bumpkin accent and is in dire need of some better braces!! 
 It was hilarious!  

  

Here is Maybel ringing up the kids lunches with Brandi.....



Greg running the teachers room....his most favorite job in the whole wide world!!




Rosemary and Marissa being awesome lunch ladies.





Dennis and Kay being awesome lunch ladies.  





One of the best parts of my day is when I get to see my Little Love at lunch! I have been working the line so much lately since we are short handed so I get to hear her call my name and we wave to each other, it’s perfect! If I am not on the line I make sure I sneak out to the lunch room and give her a little hug. I love when she goes through the line and I hear the staff excited to see her and talking to her. They are so great! I really do work with some amazing people, I am so blessed.



  





1 observations:

Elise Mckenna Peterson: said...

Oh my goodness! I can't believe how grown up Caitlyn is!! I'm glad you get to see her during lunch time :) I can't believe how much work you did for your feast! You probably made more food for the school than the Pilgrims and the Indians had at the first Thanksgiving!