Thursday, January 31, 2008

Dresses


I have been searching for the perfect pattern to create a sweet little Easter dress for Caitlyn, and I finally found one. I have been inspired by the colors in the ocean, this and this and perhaps this I am going to take the pattern marked "A" with the little straps. I would like to do the top and bottom in the blue, and then make a thick sash to tie around the waist in the green to tie in the back. I would also like to add a big flower in the pink that will sit on the sash in the front off to one side. I am excited about this new sewing project! I have also picked up a pattern to make some new tie-up window curtain for our bedroom. I have never made curtains so it will be quite the project. Will be sure to post finals!

3 observations:

Alicia Leppert said...

Wow. I am so impressed. I can barely sew on buttons. I am always amazed at people who can make an actual dress from a pattern. Inspirational.

chellekay said...

those are really cute. want to make Gwen one??? Maybe I will pick up sewing again when Sam is on deployment

Unknown said...

can't wait to see a picture of her in it. how much would you charge to make one for kate? i'd need it in either salmon or sage green (the colors of my BIL reception - weird, i know). i was hoping costco would have a dress with these colors in them but alas. not so much. :)