Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Gardening Requires Lots of Water - Most of it in the Form of Perspiration


Today I am wishing for this and this to see out my front window! And perhaps three or more of these! I have such an itch to be out in my yard and make it just come alive with colors. I have been perusing garden catalogs, books, and websites for additions to my blah outside. Mom's garden looks like it just happened, and I want that in my yard. I planted some crocus' and bleeding hearts in the fall and I can not wait for them to come out in the spring. I have plans underway for a charming old english garden, is there anything more welcoming? I also have a spot in the back I would like for a butterfly and hummingbird garden, how lovely.

4 observations:

Unknown said...

i don't garden. never have. you make me want to maybe start. but why? i've alwasy been a renter. why make it pretty when i'm just going to leave it? i know my neighbors sure wish i was a gardner. our yard has always been a little too white trash. :)

Alicia Leppert said...

Oh, you're killing me. I would kill for it to be warm and be able to start working out in the yard. But I can't even think about that yet, or I'll go crazy.

My mom's yard also looks like it just popped up out of the ground that way and it frustrates me to no end to know I'll never get it to look that way! It must be a Lindgren thing.

aubrey said...

What is up with out Mom's and the green thumb thing? I had a small amount of flowers planted this last summer, and all the did was nothing, perhaps I am too impatient I do not know. I like to tell myself that it was just too late in the season to start any really gardens, that usually makes me feel better about everything. So, early planning this year!

aubrey said...

Noelle, I totally know what you mean, I have always rented so why? And where!! Technically we are not renters, but we don't own this plop of land either! But I figure why the heck not, the owners would probably be grateful, and well dang it, I want it to be colorful outside!! No more gray storage units or the nice cow pasture, oh that smells great on a cold winters morn! YEAH FOR UTAH COUNTY! A'YUP!