Thursday, February 14, 2008

::{ XOXO }::

Happy Valentines Day
...joyeuse saint valentin...

With our little money goal, Curtis and I have opted out the presents this year.
It actually makes this year so much more romantic. Instead of buying something for him, I am able to show him how much I love him by doing something for him!
Instead of a bouquet of flowers that will die in two days,
I get something even more special from him!
{wink wink nudge nudge}

::I am loving this valentines day::


What is his name?
Curtis Glenn

How long have you been together?
10 1/2 years

How long did you date?
3 1/2 years

How old is he?
28

Who eats more?
That depends on what is being served!

Who said I love you first?
Is it so awful that I don't remember?
Who is taller?
I think he is, but only by an inch or a foot, I can't remember
Who can sing better?
We are both tone deaf - ouch!
Who is smarter?
No question, he is. Perhaps I need to watch more PBS.

Who does the laundry?
Me. Me. Me.
Who pays the bills?
Does this mean who provides the mooh-lah? Both
Or who actually sits down every other week for 2 hours and immerses herself in the cash book? Me

Who sleeps on the right side?
From which perspective? If we're in bed, I am on his right.

Who mows the lawn?
He does, bless him!
Who cooks dinner?
Me, unless he BBQ's.

Who drives?
He does.

Who is more stubborn?
Depends on what I am defending!
Who kissed who first?
I kissed him when we were saying good-bye on our first date. I remember I had to stand on the running board of the suburban so I could reach him!
Who asked who out first?
I think it was just a mutual thing. We were talking about the Mr Bean movie that was coming out and how funny we thought it would be, so we decided to go see it together.
Who proposed?
He did. He planned a birthday party for me and we were playing boys against girls Win, Lose, or Draw. And for those who don't know, I hate being in front of people; that being said, we were playing phrases instead of words. I knew the phrase was "will you marry me", but I didn't want to guess because I did not want to get up in front of all those people! And I kept thinking, "Wow! Are my friends really that stupid? How can they not know what Megan is drawing!" So as Curtis is in the background sweating bullets because I am taking too long to answer, they have Layne yell it out! Cue the dimming of lights. Cue the romantic music. Cue the sexy boyfriend who planned this sweet proposal and his girlfriend ruined it!

Who has more friends?
Curtis

Who is more sensitive?
Ooh...toss up.

Who has more siblings?
I do, by one!

Who wears the pants?
"We both do. I hate dresses."




...for the one I love

*who loves me for me, despite my imperfections
*who loves me even though twice a week I smell of pickles
*who loves me even though I am broken
*who loves me enough to eat the first roast I made
*who opens the door for me and still pulls my chair out
*who loves me despite my once a week menu choice of pasta
*who is so patient with me
*who loves our daughter
*whose arms make me feel safe and loved completely

...I love you



3 observations:

Alicia Leppert said...

Awww....so sweet. I loved your story of his proposal. So funny, so heartwarming.

Unknown said...

very nice valentines. wink wink. nudge nudge. you are so funny. i guess my sister bec and i are coming to your mom's house in a week from sunday. so see you in a week!

aubrey said...

We can't wait Noelle!