Friday, April 11, 2008

March Comes In Like A Lion...

I think March came in like a lion and has chosen to April as it's mate! WHAT IS WITH THE WEATHER? I am so tired of this random snow and only small hints of the sun. Every Saturday it's the same thing, I just need a weekend out in the sun and dirt and weeds. If the weather were cold enough to just kill all those weeds perhaps I would appreciate and like it more. And the fact that my little love has been on and off with this cold nonsense for the past month and a half. I don't know about any of you, but when she is sick, it stresses me out something awful, to the point that I make myself physically ill. So things around the Williams home have been at an all time stress level this past month . But, we did get two new cars, hurrah! I am now a fully official Mormon Mommy w/ Minivan. Is there a club or something? I must say it is nice to have a vehicle again for sure. I think Curtis has made a real breakthrough in his phobia of minivans! On a more serious note, in all this time of Caitlyn being sick and me trying to meditate my way through the day I have actually had some time to reflect on myself and the things I would like to change about myself as a parent. I have so much work to do. And I know that even though I try my best and do the things I believe are right, there are still going to be problems and struggles with my children. But I have to believe what the prophet Joseph Smith said about teaching them correct principles and letting them govern themselves. I want my children to be independent and to make wise choices, but I want them to also be dependent on the Lord and make unwise choices so that they may learn and especially grow and become more compassionate to those who struggle as well. I often imagine what my life would be like if I could go back in time and tell a younger (and much skinnier) Aubrey what lies ahead and to prepare or choose the other path. And that is where the whole time travel conundrum comes into play. If I hadn't made those unwise decisions or had those struggles what would I have learned? Nothing. For this reason I am grateful for the people who helped lead me down the wrong path or for my stupidity in choosing the wrong path. So even though I know that so much heartache, stress, and hours of prayer for forgiveness could have been avoided, these are some of the things I am most grateful for in my life. They have shaped me to be the person I am and the person I am to become. If for no one else than for my family who make me want to be a better person each day of my life.



{ waking curtis up on saturday morning }



{ caitlyn's version of thumbellina and prince cornelius }


{ caitlyn requested curly hair today }




{ mae sleeps over }



4 observations:

Melissa Mae Johnson said...

I love this post! You are a wonderful mother and wife, one I hope I can become like.

BensonFam said...

Dear Aubrey - I hope you don't mind me perusing your blog (it is very cute by the way!) I found your link through Mindy Bown's page and have loved reading up on your sweet little family and all of the fun projects that you do. Good to catch up!
Emily (Siegel) Benson
www.bensonfamilyadventures.blogspot.com

Alicia Leppert said...

Look at those adorable little girls together! I love it. Sorry Caitlyn has been sick. We're not doing much better here.

Bown Fam said...

OK, so we need a picture of the minivan! (with you in it! None of the I hate pictures nonsence. Cause I'm sure I have some good ones to blackmail you with.) That picture of your family (waking up Curtis) is very cute!