Saturday, August 09, 2008

Coke....er I mean cake... the REAL thing!!

Okay, so here is the real true cake I made for Mom's berfday! I hope she likes it! I made this one a little different. I did a torte, but filled it with chocolate pudding. So my delish vanilla cake with chocolate pudding....I can't wait to try this thing!

The picture quality isn't very good, sorry!












:: Caitlyn took this ::



...and turned it into this for Grandma's birthday. We cut out faces for everyone in the family and put them on the flowers. Grandma can now see her whole family when she goes to bed and when she wakes in the morning!









10 observations:

Unknown said...

what are you doing up this late? i just finished watching the olympics. they are lovely.
your cake is beautiful! did you use fondant for the flowers and ballet slippers? happy birthday aunt jenny!

chellekay said...

I just love this cake! you do such a wonderful job.

aubrey said...

Noelle: Oh, it wasn't THAT late!! I am enjoying that once a month woman's time complete with cramps that have me bent over the keyboard as I type, squish those ovaries! Yes I used fondant and it was sooooo much fun!!! I don't think I would do an entire cake in the stuff, but it was fun to do little accessories for the cake! I had so much fun with this one!

Michelle: Thank you so much! I feel like my skills are getting a little better!

BensonFam said...

LOVE the present you had Caitlin make - what a great idea!!

Melissa Mae Johnson said...

WOW! That turned out excellent, Yobbins. And those flowers are soooo cute, Caitlyn. What a thoughtful gift for Grandma.

Megan said...

The cake is so pretty Bree and I love the present! You are so talented!

Squish those ovaries, SQUISH em!!

Heather said...

that is so beautiful.

Amy J. said...

So how come you left the marshmallows off the second cake? =) It is gorgeous...I am sure she loved it.

aubrey said...

hee heeee

mallows

Bown Fam said...

My birthday is Sept. 6 .... I like vanilla cake... and your decortating. You are welcome to come and visit me in my new apt. and if you happen to bring a birthday cake, that would be ok too.