Tuesday, September 09, 2008

the first zucchini I ever saw I killed it with a hoe


My zucchini plant is a little out of control, as are my tomatoes. I don't know what is going on with these alien things, but there are HUGE! I feel like Mickey arriving at Willie the Giants castle and seeing all that food on the table, "garsh fellas"! The leaves on the zucchini plant are almost the size of my vans tires, no joke. Anyway, I found this monster of a zucchini hiding amidst the jungle of leaves, this thing had a circumference of like 20 inches! We love fresh zucchini at this house, but I had about three in the fridge that were were working on, so this lovely fella was shredded, mixed with flour and eggs, and made into 5 dozen zucchini muffins...wew, I never want to bake again!

:: please send your favorite zucchini recipes to me ::

6 observations:

TaLaisa said...

Yummmers! I love zucchini. My plants are not as big as yours are.

I like to shred them and add them to ground beef for tacos, spaghetti and meatballs and hamburgers. It's a sneaky way to get veggies into those who balk at the sight of a green thing on their plate.

As for serving it like a zucchini, my favorite way is to slice in lengthwise into rectangular pieces about 1/4 inch thick lay it flat on a cookie sheet, sprinkle it with Good Seasons Italian dressing mix and broil. When they're almost done I sometimes add some shredded parmesan cheese and broil until it's toasty.

Heather said...

if i liked zuccini i might ask to steal some from you. Joey's parents like them so maybe they might want some?

Unknown said...

check out my blog later today. i have a chocolate zuchini bread recipe on there.

Kamee said...

Aubrey we have also had zucchini coming from every where!! I have ate so much that I'm done with it:) I just baked bread last week and froze some. I will send my bread recipe over. We also like to cut bacon in litte pieces and the cut up the zucchini and fry it:)YUMMY..it's a fav at my house.

Amy J. said...

You win cool title of the day! I don't have any good recipes other than your typcal bread ones...I will be checking out Noelle's blog.

Heather said...

wordless wednesday you post a picture and thats it on wednesdays and then you visit other people's blogs who are on the participant list and leave comments on their pictures and they do the same to you, atleast thats how I understood it anyway.