Thursday, September 11, 2008

if there were no schools to take the children away from home part of the time, the insane asylums would be filled with mothers

{ Caitlyn's First Day of Preschool }




Doing the laundry this last week I noticed that all the socks I folded of Curtis' had holes or the beginning of holes in them. Now being a man, Curtis hates to shop for anything clothes, so he has procrastinated getting himself some socks. Curtis can be very picky when it comes to clothes for himself, so I kindly and safely refrain from buying him such things. But I broke down and bought him some new socks, he approved. Whether the new socks were what he wanted or just because he knew he didn't have to shop for them, I will never know! And I will never ask! So with this new bag of old socks, Caitlyn and I made some sock puppets. Only a few of the socks were really salvageable for puppets, those darn holes were in just the spot for the eyes. So if you have any other craft ideas for old socks, let me know!





::something to go out on::

a few more photos of Caitlyn sleeping funny


As I said before it is a very serious contest between Curtis and I to see who finds her first in such strange positions.

Thank you for all the wonderful zucchini recipes, I can't wait to try them out!

7 observations:

Amy J. said...

What a good, creative, recycling mom you are! I don't knoe which is funnier, that quote or those sleeping positions!

Melissa Mae Johnson said...

I'm always amazed by your creativity. I would've just been a wastaroo and thrown the socks away!
Little Caitlyn is getting so big! I miss you guys so much!

Heather said...

oh my goodness I have the funniest, cutest neice in the whole world.

Unknown said...

i would vinyl that saying on my wall but i'm sure it'd give my kids a complex. i love it that much.
and i must say that i would love to see a random sleeping pciture each and every day. they make me laugh so hard. she better figure out how to stay on HER side of the bed within the next 20 years. could you imagine being her spouse?

Alicia Leppert said...

I love that quote!! And you are the coolest mom ever. I always thought I'd be that kind of mom, but, alas, I'm the one yelling at my kids to pick up the holey socks.

TaLaisa said...

Lester made a sweater for our puppy out of a holey sock.

Maybe cut off the foot part and make some leg warmers for Caitlyn. Or use them as a base to embellish and make cuter legwarmers?

Does Curtis golf? You could make covers for his golf clubs. He'd be the only guy on the course with embellished hats for his clubs.

Fill them with rice, cut off the worn out foot end and sew it shut first. Heat them in the microwave for a hotpack that fits your neck or over your shoulders perfectly. Add some lavender for smelly good hotpacks.

TaLaisa said...

And here here, I'm grateful for schools that keep my out of the funny farm too.