Wednesday, October 29, 2008

the hippos are laughing at us

Have you seen the movie In Search of the Wow Wow Wibble Woggle Wazzie Woodle Woo? Caitlyn has and ever since she saw it when we were in St. George last May, she has wanted to be Tim Noah for Halloween. I first thought it was just a phase and that she would forget about it and move on to something else. Nope. Nada. Forget that idea! She still wants to be Tim Noah. So I though Okay, well he really just wears jeans and a blue shirt so easy to pull out of her own clothes. She informed me yesterday that she want to be the Tim Noah during the song If I Was in which he wears a safari costume. So I frantically searched freecycle.org, cragislists.org, costume shops and whatever other images I could for some idea on this last minute costume. I came up with nothing. I tried to convince her to perhaps wear the Ariel costume I made her last year, and she was very set on Tim Noah. So when I closed the office at 6:00 we made a trip to the DI. She loved the first thing we put together. It literally took us longer to drive there then to pick out the costume. I then found a cute safari hat at Zurchers. PERFECT! And she loves it!


...the inspiration...




$3.00 - white shirt
$3.00 - green kaki vest
$3.00 - brown kaki shorts
$1.50 - safari hat
free! - binoculars pulled from dress-up box
$2.50 - monkey patch
____________________
$13.00 total

Not too bad for a last minute costume!




But what about the car patch, what do I do?



Cover it with a cute monkey patch!!


I am so happy that this costume came together so easily. And once again the DI has saved me! I love that place!

3 observations:

Unknown said...

you should have seen all the teenagers at my D.I. while i was there getting stuff for brigham and sam. they were all laughing and digging through the clothes getting their costumes. i will deffinately miss that place.
i read your blog. every time it comes up dark black on my google reader. i'm so sorry you have been blue. i'm sorry you have stuff in your life that causes you to be sad. thanks for your testimony. there is nothing like the knowledge that everything will be OK even if it doesn't seem like it.

Melissa Mae Johnson said...

Aw I MISS the D.I.! I love that Caitlyn wants to be Tim Noah. I'm glad we've passed the love of "Wow Wow" (as Mae calls it) on to our kids.

Heather said...

I've never seen this show, but Caitlyn told me when we were down there that I have to watch it. I'm glad you guys figured out a way to do her costume. If you come up here on halloween call me and we'll have to let our kids see each others costumes.