Friday, January 16, 2009

kiss and makeup - but too much makeup has ruined many a kiss



I love it!
I hate it!
I love it!
I hate it!
I love it!
no
I hate it!







What is it about this goop that I hate and love? I have to rant for a moment here on my bloggie blog. I feel as though I am blotchy, unfeminine, and boyish if I do not take the time to "put a face on", but why must it take so much time and MONEY! I mean, you go to your local store, you pick out a can of beans, there are what maybe 3 or 4 choices to pick from. And even though one might have a little bit better bean, they taste pretty much the same right? You go to pick out mascara and there are isles upon isles of this stuff! How do you know! How do you narrow it down when each shouts out that it is the best, that is lengthens, strengthens, thickens, leaves no clumpens?? I don't get it. And unlike the previous beans, you may spend up to $1.00 for the more fancy brands, and you are out a dollar, but pick the wrong mascara you are out like $7.00 or $8.00 bucks! FOR THE CHEAP STUFF! I can fit all the makeup I wear on any given day in a small ziploc bag. I don't spend hours picking through the different gunks and goops I can smear on my face. But I will say when the time comes to refill my small stash, I dread it. It's not like a box of tampons that you can just send your hubby to get for you, NO you HAVE to do it yourself. Where is all this soapbox coming from....I just spent $8.00 on mascara I hate. It has one of those new, improved rubber brushes on it....GROSS! My lashes are so clumpy and the box clearly promised me that this would not happen. Oh sure they are "thick" with clumps and "fuller" with clumps and "make my eyes pop" with clumps. BUT THOSE CLUMPS! So I have added onto my 5 minute makeup process a few more minutes to comb out the clumps each day. NEVER AGAIN! Why do I stray from the brand I trust, why! But....I will say that it has been about 4 years since the last purchase of a lash curler - I thought you could just buy a pack of refill pads, but I guess not - and WOW! I wish I had done that 2 years ago! I forgot I had lashes there for a while! So I guess the annoying trip down the makeup isles wasn't a total waste!


....stepping off the soapbox....

5 observations:

Alicia Leppert said...

I KNOW!!! I despise trying to find good makeup. I am still trying. I try to go cheap and it is crap. I find stuff I love and it costs a paycheck. What we women must go through to be beautiful...

melissa mae said...

Just don't buy anything unless you can get it for near free (Walgreens...stock up when they have sales, and Rite Aid too) But I have to admit..I love looking for and buying make up. Not as much as I used to (thank goodness, it was kind of an addiction)

Unknown said...

funny that you said this today - i just bought a lip pencil at target since i didn't want to fork out the $20 to buy my favorite at clinique but then i spent $7 on it at target and don't like it. atleast at clinique i spend the $20, i know i like it becuase they let me try it on and i love it at home. love it.

Amy J. said...

Oh so true...I am also a 5 minute (or less) makup putter oner.

The Finlays said...

Amen!