Sunday, January 04, 2009

"I never thought it was such a bad little tree. It's not bad at all, really. Maybe it just needs a little love." - Linus

I never know what to do for neighbor gifts at Christmas. We receive so many delicious sweets and cute things to put around the house, I feel so uncreative! I think I did okay this year. I need to start thinking in January so I am more prepared! I made homemade french bread and tied it in some cute blue ribbon. Then made some really good sun dried tomato pesto butter and put it in these really cute Ball jars. I think they turned out pretty cute. Becky ate the whole jar herself and saved none for her family so I think it was a pretty good hit!










Curtis and I started a Christmas Eve tradition our first Christmas, a BINGO PARTY! It has been so fun and we look forward to it every year. This year I, after a wonderful suggestion from Aaron, I added a few "gifts" that were a little different. I typed up some funny things for people to do on paper and wrapped them up! The best was Tom's abominable snowman impression, I was the only one who got what he was doing because I messed up on the paper and told him not to read it out loud, I meant just the words "abominable snowman" - OOPS! I thought it was great, he is such a good sport I love him! It was so fun, even with the little girls all over the place we still managed to enjoy the Bingo!


"time for presents mae"














Santa made a surprise visit to our little Christmas Eve! You should have seen Caitlyn dash behind the tree shaking in fear! But we finally coaxed her out for a picture! Mom did the same thing, only she hid under the couch!!!


Since forever, every Christmas Dad would open some gift and say the line "A can of Simoniz" from the movie A Christmas Story. Finally about 5 years ago we found an old can of Simoniz car wax for Dad for Christmas. And gave it to him. His face light up like he was Ralphie getting his Official Red Ryder Carbine-Action Two-Hundred-Shot Range Model Air Rifle!!! It has been a family gag since then to wrap it up and give it to Dad each year! (Perhaps you have to be a Peterson!!) It's funny I promise!



Caitlyn bought Mae a little Barbie make-up it for Christmas and Uncle Aaron just had to get in on it!






Curtis bought Caitlyn a little digital video camera, he was so excited to get for her and I had to put him off a few times because he wanted to give it to her before Christmas morning! It's tough having a Curtis during Christmas sometimes!!!



Santa brought Caitlyn a new art easel, just what she asked him for! He was very sneaky and did not put it under the tree. She had to follow a blue ribbon through the house until she reached the art room.


Caitlyn and Tay looking beautiful in their "dapper" accessories!

2 observations:

Heather said...

oh my goodness that Dapper comment that cailtyn made was HIGHlarious!!

Amy J. said...

Isn't fun to have Christmas with everyone in the family around! The photo of the girls fixing Uncle Aarons "hair" was priceless!