Friday, December 11, 2009

parties, puddings, pirates.....oh my!

{ PARTIES }
I was asked by a good friend of mine who lives in Springville to make a cake for her daughter's birthday! How could I say no! Now when Vikki throws a party, she throws a party! I am so excited to see how this whole Balloon Olympics is going to be! I hope parents can participate too! (hint hint) Vikki gave me the idea of what she wanted and in true awesome Vikki form told me that I had complete artistic reign! Here is what I cam up with! I think it turned out pretty darn cute and it's my favorite cake recipe, chocolate. I cannot wait until tomorrow to take this to the party. I hope Erica likes it.....eek!






{ PUDDING }


Do you ever get a craving for something that lasts for days...weeks....months....? I have been craving rice pudding so incredibly bad. So, when we were little and would make rice pudding, it was very simple: leftover rice, milk, cinnamon, sugar, heat in the microwave for a few minutes, and enjoy!. But last night I thought I might try a real rice pudding.


WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!


It was AMAZING! Basically it was the same ingredients, but it just took more time, and the use of the stove. I also added raisins to mine. Caitlyn actually tried it and liked it and ate more than one bite... (WHAT ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!) No, I kid you not she did! (WHAT THE GREAT SWIRLING ONION RINGS!!) I know! It was wonderful. Anyway, try it! Great way to use up that extra rice! So low fat! ( ha ha ha )









{ PIRATES }




Joey and Heather invited us and the Campbell family for a night with pirates! It was so much fun! I wasn't even bothered by the poor British accent from the hostess! (it was really bad, I mean worse than mine bad) The place was decked out from wall to wall, floor to ceiling. I felt like I was in Disneyland again. They have a really nice menu too, I was so impressed. The play area for the kids was amazing, and once those kids had their fancy balloon swords, they were in heaven! A battle broke out amongst those cousins that will go down in history. It was hilarious to watch them run up and down that ship hitting eachother with those balloons!











Here is Taylar giving a perfect reanactment from "ELF", remember that! BWA HA HA HA HA







It was horrible! Blood, guts, popped balloons...oh the HORROR!





It was so much fun, and so nice to get to know the Campbell's better! What a cool family! I hope we get a chance to go again soon!



3 observations:

BensonFam said...

How fun! And I Luhhhhhhve the cake!! Very cute!!

Heather said...

i didnt even realize you guys took pictures! Those are so funny and I'm so glad you got Taylar's Buddy the Elf moment captured.

Also your cake is b.e.a.utiful

Amy J. said...

That cake is amazing...you've got it girl! LOVE the elf split reinactment...best movie ever!